Monday 12 September 2016

Harvest Time....

Hello... Did you have a good weekend? It was quite a busy one for us as a family and among all the various things we got up to this weekend there was one activity that stood out. Luke and I went to Lotheron Hall which is an ex stately home now run by our local council. They hold various events each year and as we live very close we have a season pass. Well yesterday it was their Apple Picking Day, they have a small orchard where they grow a fair few varieties of apples and once a year they invite people who visit to pick their favorites to take away. So armed with a book to distinguish which apples were which variety (whether they were desert or cooking) we wondered round and picked the ones we fancied the look of. As we went round and Luke was referring to apples as being Real Red or Rose Red I realised how much time he spends with me and my SU supplies. He has caught the bug of referring to colours by their Stampin' Up! Colour names!

Anyway rather appropriately I have some projects to share with you this week that use the Fruit Stand Suite from the annual catalogue. We made these at a recent Lumby Craft and Cuppa session. Today I will share the most difficult of the three projects. Well the ladies told me it was the most difficult and they were a little flustered making this card.


Why you may ask? as it looks quite simple well firstly it has a surprise inner and secondly because this was their first introduction to two step stamping and as you will see from the photo below I had them stamping multiple images. This pear requires four lots of stamping, two for the outlines and two for the stamps that colour in the middle. You stamp the pear outline and then the leaf outline which both then need filling in.

This is an explosion card and really packs a wow in my book and is so simple to make, its an oldie but still a favorite with me. I love the sentiments that come with this set and this one reads ' We Age Not By Years But By Stories'

Anyway I will leave you there, I am mid prep for the next Craft and Cuppa at Lumby Garden Centre which is this Wednesday 14th September, If you live in Leeds or the surrounding area you are very welcome to drop in and join us we will be there from 9.30 am - 11.30 am. You can find out more details on my Facebook page which is linked on the right hand side of my blog. Thank you for joining me today. Nic

1 comment: